Why get health insurance?
Having private health insurance allows you to avoid those public hospital waiting lists and get the treatment you need, when you need it, reducing your time off work.
In New Zealand, People who purchase health insurance tend to have a better understanding of New Zealand's health care system. Without health insurance, will result in the queue on the public medical waiting list or paying the high cost for private hospital treatments.
Health insurance, also known as private medical insurance, is designed to ensure that if you need medical treatment, the majority of the medical costs will be covered.
What does Health Insurance cover?
- Hospital Surgical Treatment
- Non-Surgical Hospital Treatment
- Cancer Treatment and Drugs
- Major Diagnostic Benefit
- Public Hospital Cash Benefit
- Oversea Treatment
- Treatment in Australia
- Medical Tourism
- Loyalty Benefit
Common Treatment Costs
Where are your quotes from?
SP Insurance works with 80% of the Health Insurance companies on the market of New Zealand.
Ultimate Health & Ultimate Health Max
- $600,000 hosipital surgical cover per year, includes non-pharmac funded drugs
- $300,000 non-surgical cover, including cancer treatment, per year
- Cover up to 75% of the cost, if an insured person elects to have treatment overseas
- Your choice to add the following options: Specialist, Proactive Health, Serious Condition Financial Support, GP, Dental & Optical
- $500,000 hosipital surgical cover per year, includes non-pharmac funded drugs
- $500,000 non-surgical cover
- Up to $500,000 cover each year for cancer treatment. Covers surgical and non-surgical costs
- Up to $200,000 cover each year for specified diagnostic procedures.
- Up to 75% of the cost of the oversea treatment if it was undertaken in New Zealand.
- Cover whilst living in Australia – up to 24 months
Private Medical Cover
- $300,000 hosipital surgical cover
- $300,000 non-surgical cover
- Up to 75% of the costs of the oversea treatment if it was undertaken in New Zealand
- The Funeral Support Benefit is a lump sum payment of $10,000 per life assured
- Up to $200,000 cover each year for diagnostic tests